Mar 23, 2010

Yummy French Toast

For some strange reason I've been craving French Toast for a while now. My mom made French Toast often growing up, but of course hers used milk. I decided it was time to come up with a new dairy free family recipe. Maybe it's because I haven't had the real thing in such a long time but I think this recipe is just as good as mom's.

Yummy French Toast

Mix together

8 eggs
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch salt

Dip bread slices in the egg mixture and fry on a griddle till browned, usually about two minutes on each side. This is a great way to use up old, gluten-free bread, but be sure to let your bread slices soak a couple minutes in the mixture if they're really dry.

We like to eat these with homemade peach syrup made by mixing one 29 OZ can of peaches and 1/4 cup maple syrup. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment